Burger Salad Dinner Dreams
Cooking on weeknights can be frustrating, tiring, blah, blah, blah. I know, I get it. I work too.
But a burger salad could be the solution to all of your weeknight cooking woes. Yes, it's true. 8 minutes to season and saute meat, and while that's happening you can chop your romaine, cucumbers, onions, cube feta and grab some olives.
Dinner is done.
A splash of red wine vinegar, olive oil and a pinch of oregano seal the deal on this tasty, easy meal.
8 minutes of mindless cooking is way faster than deciding what to order for takeout, that'll take at least 10-15 minutes.
Then there's the waiting for the takeout - another 25-30 - right?
When finished with said takeout comes (sometimes) the remorse ... why did I order that? I shouldn't be spending so much money on delivery ... I really need to cook more.
The below recipe is enough for 2 hungry lady servings, typically I'll eat one for dinner and take the other half for lunch the next day.
Start here. No excuses.
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 1 T. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1 head of chopped romaine
- 1/4 c. of thinly slice onions
- 1 c. of cubed cucumbers
- 1/3 c. of olives
- 1/2 c. of cubed feta
- Red Wine Vinegar + Olive Oil *squeeze of lemon optional
- Sprinkle of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a large pan with non-stick spray and add ground meat, oregano and salt and cook for 8 minutes or so - remove with a slotted spoon and put aside
- While meat is cooking, prep all salad components above and place in a large salad bowl
- Add cooked ground meat and toss
- If you like, split in half and reserve for lunch or dinner the following day
- If not, dress it up, sprinkle with salt/pepper and serve as is or with warm pitas and yogurt sauce