Beat That Beet Up
A few weeks I bought my favorite pre-peeled and pre-cooked Gefen Organic Beets.
Why do I love these whole peeled, ready to eat, vacuum sealed, organic beets?
Because they are mess and hassle free, my weeknight lunch prepping and snacky friends. And they can be found in your local grocery store from Key Food to Shop & Stop, Giant or Shop Rite. Dare to order on Amazon - a 3 pack of these easy to use veggies will only set you back $9.99 which is a lower price than most grocery stores.
Put them in a quick salad, eat them as is (I'm strange, I can snack on sweet beets and sometimes I crave exactly that) or turn them into your favorite dip.
Here I cracked open some cannellini beans and combined them with 3 large ready to eat dates and let my food processor spin a fiber rich, nutrient dense dip packed with flavor, brilliant color and a sweet garlicky bite.
A wondrous weeknight dip, spread, snack or spoonable treat in sheet moments.
Get out your food processor and get in the kitchen, this is the place to start.
- 3 large ready to eat Gefen Organic Beets, cut into chunks
- 1 15 oz. can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 T. of tahini
- 4 T. of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor fit with a steel blade and blend until smooth
- Serve with veggies, on crackers (as shown here), spread on veggie layered sandwiches or veggie burgers, lovely with a grilled chicken and avocado sandwich too or served a top salad with a smattering of other dips as well!