My Pizza Omelettes Bring All The Boys To The Yard
No. No, they don’t. But, a girl can dream. Actually, you know what, I take that back ...
I COOK FOR ME. I don't need to bring a boy to this yard. More like a man. Oh, boy, I digress. AGAIN.
I have so much food in my fridge it’s ridiculous and uncalled for, but my brain, food and ideas are always going and when I’m not cooking I’m really sad. Having color in my life, in my mind and in my soul has made my days brighter. Sharing it here brings even more truth to that.
Wondering how you can get a little more color in your morning?
I had some Trader Joe’s mini-pearl tomatoes that were getting wrinkly and I didn’t have the heart to toss them, so tossed into my omelette they went. I love getting turbo charged on tomatoes 1) because I’m Italian I don’t have a choice, this body was built on that great red fruit 2) they have something called lycopene which I’ve read from fancy health people is “potent antioxidant against disease.” I mean, I think they’re delicious and they have health benefits so I’m like - win win - you know? 3) there are also Vitamins and minerals in them like magnesium and potassium, Vitamin K which are less complicated to me than lycopene because I have more familiarity with magnesium and potassium because I read a lot on muscle cramping, PMS and pooping - which you need those things to help with.
This omelette was made with 2 extra large omega 3 boosted Organic Valley free range eggs (we like free roaming chickens fed on good things but we can get to that another time) and topped with sliced tomatoes, crushed red pepper, dried oregano and finished with some parmigiano cheese for the win.
Open face omelettes are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. A little animal protein and can be combined with veggies REALLY EASILY. This took me all of 6-7 minutes to make … that’s it.
You’re worth 6-7 minutes in the kitchen and a good sit down, I’m sayin.’
More instructions on the open face omelette process below, it's a great place to start if a frittata seems daunting. Trust me, you can do this. Put your back in to it.
Feel the health benefits of cooking.
Get in the kitchen and grab whatcha got!
Goodness below this giant pizza omelette porn shot!
- 1 handful of old, almost ready for the trash cherry tomatoes cut in half (but if you’ve got good ones, by all means, go for it)
- 2 extra large eggs, scrambled in a bowl
- Non-stick spray
- Crushed red pepper
- Dried oregano
- A very light sprinkle of sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil for finishing
- Coat pan with non-stick spray and place over the medium low flame
- Pour in egg mixture and allow to cook on the bottom, about 2 minutes
- Drop tomatoes into the open face eggs, placing so they’re spread evenly across
- Sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt (1. You don’t want the tomatoes to release a ton of water 2. You don’t want the salt competing with your parmigiana finish)
- Top with herbs and cover pan for 5 minutes until eggs set
- Finish with parmigiano and cover, cooking for 1 more minute
- Serve with a healthy douse of olive oil
- Eat your face off