Almond Butter Bread
A few summers ago, in my daily internet musings, I discovered a Paleo Cashew Bread on Elana's Pantry.
I'm not paleo or gluten free. I'm a champion for delicious, simple food and getting in the kitchen. The bread is no fuss, with 5 ingredients total (6 if you count the squeeze of honey I add to the batter). No flour mess, one spin in the food processor, an easy bake - and you're done.
I love easy fuss free cooking and so truly believe folks are scared of their kitchen because they think food needs to be complicated, but it's just the opposite.
Guaranteed baking a loaf of this bread will make you feel like a star. I love to add raisins, cranberries, seeds sprinkled on top - you name it. It's adaptable to be savory or sweetened up with dried fruit and you'll be proud you got in the kitchen.
So, go on and make it. I prefer almond over cashew butter. And you may be wondering how this "bread" works without flour and it's the magical reaction of the apple cider vinegar and baking soda.
Smear with butter, stack with hummus and avocado for lunch, dare to dip it in your sauce at dinner. This home baked, easily digestible, fast, bread baking novice friendly recipe will not let you down!
Get in the kitchen!
- 5 whole eggs
- 1 cup all natural almond butter
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. honey or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and put aside
- Place eggs and almond butter in a food processor fit with a steel blade and blend until combined
- Pulse in apple cider vinegar, then add remaining ingredients
- Transfer batter to a loaf ban
- Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted for testing is clean
- Cool for 35-45 minutes (but if you're me, you get right in it so the butter melts instantly)
- Slice and build a dream meal!
- Store wrapped in plastic or foil in the refrigerator, toast to reheat and enjo